Here’s Who Bought Bitcoin So Far (Updated Jan 2021)
Below you can find a list of who bought bitcoin so far. You can also find sources for this information at the bottom of this article.
Please keep checking back as this list will be updated periodically.
Here’s Who Bought Bitcoin So Far
- Jack Dorsey’s payment processing company Square bought 4,707 bitcoin in 2020.
- Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss of Gemini.
- Former Facebook executive Chamath Palihapitiya invested in bitcoin in 2013.
- Elon Musk’s electric vehicle company, Tesla, bought 1.5 billion dollars worth of bitcoin.
- Square invested $50 million in Bitcoin in October 2020.
- MicroStrategy continues to buy bitcoin on a regular basis.
- The Motley Fool announced that they’re buying $5 million in bitcoin.
We’ve got BIG NEWS! We’re buying $5 million in Bitcoin on our own balance sheet.
That’s right. $5 million.
— The Motley Fool (@themotleyfool) February 17, 2021
All of the listed above have been quite vocal via interviews and social media on their optimistic views on where bitcoin currently is and where they see it going.
Banks and Financial Services Who Currently Use Bitcoin
- Grayscale Bitcoin Trust, an SEC reporting company.
- Apply Pay now supports paying with bitcoin via BitPay card.
- Buy and sell bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) on PayPal.
- Buy and sell bitcoin on Square’s Cash App.
These are all big-name companies. Every time it was announced that they’ve bought or currently allow bitcoin on their platform, it has driven the price up significantly.
As companies continue to make headlines about investing/allowing bitcoin services, I’ll be sure to add them to this list.
Banks and Financial Services Who Will Soon Integrate Bitcoin
- Visa will release the first credit card to offer bitcoin rewards via BlockFi.
- Mastercard is bringing select cryptocurrencies onto its platform.
- BNY Melon, America’s oldest bank will transfer and issue bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
The list of banks and financial services is being updated regularly.